Cooking Glossary


An Americano is a single or double shot of espresso with hot water added to it. The hot water dilutes the strength of the espresso to create a  similar, but different, flavour as traditional drip/brewed coffee. An Americano is also known as a long black.

Read More »


Arroser is a French verb meaning “to baste”. It is a finishing technique involving the spooning of melted butter or fat over a piece of protein in the last 1–2 minutes of cooking. Often times, an herb is added to the butter/fat (e.g. thyme) in order to incorporate aromatics into the food.

Read More »
Scroll to Top